Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Please Help--ran Bitdefender And Now Have Blank Screen

Options
baker_eliz
edited February 2022 in The Archive

We had a trojan horse we just could not get rid of. It was a keylogger and we could not kill the process with task manager, etc. We burned a CD with BitDefender 1009 Rescue Disk and ran it. We deleted 185 files and quarantined 6 that could not be deleted. We exited out of BitDefender and rebooted the system.

Now we can't get in at all. We enter our user name/password in the logon dialog box, a message box quickly appears that says "Loading your settings." Next we get a blue screen with a functioning cursor but no left or right click on the mouse. then we get a black screen, then another dialog box pops up saying Please wait. Saving your settings. Then it cycles back to another logon dialog box again.

The cycle keeps repeating.

We tried to do a reinstall/repair from the XP OS disk, but the system crashed with a blue screen info:

Problem has been detected. Windows has shut down to protect your computer.

[snip]

Technical Info:

***STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF748E0BF, 0xF78DA208, 0xF78D9F08)

***PCI.SYS - Address F748E0BF base at F7487000, DateStamp 3b7d855c

Any help appreciated.

--elizabeth

Comments

• Problem solved. Thanks.

• Unknown
    edited October 2009
    Options

Hello baker_eliz,

If possible, please be so kind as to tell us how you resolved this issue on your system (for further reference).

Thanks!

• yes please how did you resolve it, all I am getting is a black screen, cursor works, it just shut down windows and everything else on my laptop... the rescue ###### does not work because I can't even log on.... someone pls help