Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Backup

Options

I previously had Total Security 2009 installed on my PC.

During this time I performed a backup (to CDs) of a lot of data and files, using the Bitdefender backup feature. I would now like to access the backup files - however I have already deleted the Bitdefender program, as I found it was using far to much of the resources on my computer.

A further (maybe) complication is that I have also performed a major hardware upgrade to the PC (motherboard, CPU, RAM and HDD) since I did the original backup. However, I still have, intact, the old HDD which I was using when I did the backup.

What are my options for accessing/reading/using the backed up files - hopefully without having to "restore" them anywhere?

Thanks

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello jackspratt,

The only way you can access that data, is to install BitDefender Total Security 2009 or 2010 and use the BitDefender Backup module in order to restore these information's .

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Thank you.

• Hello jackspratt,

The only way you can access that data, is to install BitDefender Total Security 2009 or 2010 and use the BitDefender Backup module in order to restore these information's .

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Thank you.

Thanks for your informative response Alex.

Cheers