Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Internet Connection Problem After Uninstalling Bitdefender 2009

Options

As I got problem with bit defender recently (can refer to my post here), I decided to to uninstall my bitdefender.

but new problems occurred to me :( . I cannot connect to internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got message telling that either I have limited or no connectivity. Someone suggested me to turn off the router, but i don't think that's necessary because my housemate doesn't have any connectivity problems (this post was written using his laptop).

please help me, as I'm a noob :unsure: , so I don't know much about this problem.

plus, I'm so desperate to get into internet connection, because as a student, I need to do some research which requires internet. :(

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello natsuandhappy,

Most probably the BitDefender Firewall driver was not uninstalled properly and that is why your internet connection is blocked. In order to overcome this issue please follow the steps bellow :

1. Save our uninstall tool from the next link :

http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall

2. Run this tool in Safe Mode :

- restart the computer;

- repeatedly press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins

to load (you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu);

- select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation

message; click "Yes" to acknowledge.

3. Reboot your system in Normal Mode when you will be asked and look if the same issue occurs.

4. In case you still don't have any Internet connection please click on Start from Windows, choose Run, type ncpa.cpl then click on Ok. Right-click your "Local Area Connection" and choose Properties. In the list of items, it is possible that you have "BitDefender Firewall NDIS Filter Driver". If you see it in the list, click on it and then click on "Uninstall" -> click Yes to confirm that you want to remove it.

5. If these steps still did not help you, access Network Connections window following the steps from step 4, right click on your "Local Area Connection" and choose Repair.

Let us know what happened.

Thank you.