Bdis 2010 Firewall Blocking Windows Update

Hello everyone,

I just installed BitDefender Internet Security 2010 on my freshly installed Windows 7 Pro 64bit, but the firewall module of BDIS is blocking Windows Update from downloading updates.

I have checked this issue by turning on/off the firewall while trying to download updates. Around 2-3 seconds after disabling the firewall modules, the download starts/resumes, turning it back on makes it stop (well, currently downloaded update installs, then says unable to download remaining updates).

The firewall is set to default (Allow Known), I set it to Report but it failed to report anything about Windows Update. I don't see any rules blocking Windows Update, however I don't know what process to look for, since AFAIK it's a service running inside svchost.exe.

I hope to get some help from you guy :)

-Tase

Comments

• Hello tase,

Please open BitDefender in Expert Mode, click on the Firewall module, click on the Network tab, select the network adapter that is used for connecting to the Internet and set its Trust Level to Trusted Local, Stealth to Off and Generic to Yes. Also, click on the Rules tab then click on the "Reset Rules" button, selecting "Yes" when you will be asked if you agree with this action . Let us know if you are able to update after that.

Thank you.