Suppressing Annoying Bd Notifications

Am running BD 2009 and everything works fine, but BD has an annoying habit: It keeps popping up a window in the lower right hand corner of the screen that informs me of whatever virus it has discovered in my incoming POP3 email.

How can I turn those messages off?

It's particularly annoying that this window opens up as the foreground task and it interrupts me when I am typing emails, editing documents, etc. I wish the BD developers would not open this window as a priority task.

So, how can I (other than uninstalling BD ... :D ) keep these messages from popping up? I really don't need to see them because BD labels the infected incoming mail as having removed a virus ... so, this message is annoying AND a duplicate notification!

Thanks,

Sandbar.

Comments

• Under Advanced View, Antivirus->Shield->Custom Level button there is an option that says "Show Warning when virus found". I believe if you uncheck this that will turn off the notification. There is another setting under General->Settings to "Show pop-ups" that says it controls "informational alerts", so you might try this one also.

• Thanks RobbyG. Have tried the "Custom Level" change you suggested. Already had the other option deselected. Hopefully this will do the trick.

Thanks again.

• No problem Sandbar, hope it resolves the notifications.

• I am having the same problem...even after turning off every notification it still appears and is literally preventing me from doing my work. This is the most annoying thing I have ever seen and regret having purchased this product.