Desktop Update Service (livesrv)

I've been having significant difficulty with my browser windows going blank and my online services being blocked. I've been running both bitdefender and spy-bot daily. I went to mozilla and made adjustment to my browser as advised. I don't have any more time to fiddle with this and out of shear desperation I installed AVG which found 119 threats. I'm not trying to be nasty, just figure you guys need to know to address whatever the problem is, and I really still need help:

I've tried to uninstall BitDefender 2010. Apparently it is half done because the program will not open when the icon is clicked. However it is still evident because I am getting a pop up that keeps advising me to reboot for the updates to take effect.

I've tried redoing the uninstall in my Window's Vista Control panel. It gets a little way then stops with the following message,

"Service BitDefender Desktop Update Service (LIVESRV) could not be deleted. Verify that you have sufficient priviledges to remove services."

It gives me the option to "retry" or "cancel" but doesn't tell me how to verify I have sufficient priviledges. so all I can do is cancel, and then put up with the popup that wants me to reboot my computer for updates.

I'm doing this in my administrator account. So this message doesn't make sense.

IVery sorry, but I don't have time for this with a full course load, group projects with others dependent on me, and finals coming up, particularly since the courses are all online and i am dependent on things working and working very well.

How do I verify I have sufficient priviledges and uninstall Bit Defender completely.

Thank-you,

curriebc@live.ca

Comments

• Hello curriebc,

We are sorry to hear about the issues encountered with our program. In order to completely uninstall BitDefender, please save our uninstall tool from the next link:http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall . Now, start your computer in Safe Mode, run the tool downloaded earlier and reboot your system normally when you will be asked.

[Start your computer in Safe Mode]

- restart the computer;

- repeatedly press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins

to load (you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu);

- select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation

message; click "Yes" to acknowledge.

Thank you.