Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trojan.vundo And Adware..please Help!

Options

I found this Trojan.Vundo (c:windows/system32/yohilimo.dll) and Gen.Adware.heur which listed on the list of high priority trojans on Bitdefender site. The site also states that I should let BitDefender quarantine it, but when I ran Bit Defender, it states that the files cannot be fix because the they are part of an archive system. I just need help on how to remove them real fast. I am attaching a doc file of some screen capture to show more. Please respond to me in simple leymans terms as I am not a technical savvy person. I my system is going dooooooowwwwwwnnn!

HELP...BitDefender..

Comments

• Amor
    edited November 2009
    Options
    I found this Trojan.Vundo (c:windows/system32/yohilimo.dll) and Gen.Adware.heur which listed on the list of high priority trojans on Bitdefender site. The site also states that I should let BitDefender quarantine it, but when I ran Bit Defender, it states that the files cannot be fix because the they are part of an archive system. I just need help on how to remove them real fast. I am attaching a doc file of some screen capture to show more. Please respond to me in simple leymans terms as I am not a technical savvy person. I my system is going dooooooowwwwwwnnn!

HELP...BitDefender..

Hey Sypderman,

I had the same prob some time ago. Just do the following

Open My computer - Tools - Folder options - Check ( put the dot) the box - 1) Show Hidden Files and Folders

2) " Uncheck " the boxes - a) Hide Extension for know File types -- B) Hide protected system files

the d*n virus in your comp has got into your hidden files aka operating system files, thaz y the BD scan can't scan it as its hidden.

Now do a DEEP Scan with the bar set on high, set (tick) all options in custom settings box ( scan all archives, etc)

especially don't forget to tick the Box -- Open archives - Do through scan ( Custom settings)

After the scan , it should be fine. Even then if BD is not able to delete or disinfect the infected fies, just go the location of the file ( you can see the infected files log after the scan ) and manually delete it.

I too learnt it the hard way and hope this helps you . Cheers, do let know if this worked it surely should :D

• Unlikely, since it's a root kit. Also those checkboxes only control what Windows explorer shows you, they have nothing to do with what Bitdefender sees or does not see.

Hey Sypderman,

I had the same prob some time ago. Just do the following

Open My computer - Tools - Folder options - Check ( put the dot) the box - 1) Show Hidden Files and Folders

2) " Uncheck " the boxes - a) Hide Extension for know File types -- B) Hide protected system files

the d*n virus in your comp has got into your hidden files aka operating system files, thaz y the BD scan can't scan it as its hidden.

Now do a DEEP Scan with the bar set on high, set (tick) all options in custom settings box ( scan all archives, etc)

especially don't forget to tick the Box -- Open archives - Do through scan ( Custom settings)

After the scan , it should be fine. Even then if BD is not able to delete or disinfect the infected fies, just go the location of the file ( you can see the infected files log after the scan ) and manually delete it.

I too learnt it the hard way and hope this helps you . Cheers, do let know if this worked it surely should :D