Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Worm.win32.netsky

Options
enstorms
edited February 2022 in The Archive

Having to use the Rescue CD because can't boot in safe mode or regular mode. So decided to try the Microsoft online scan, but they only use Internet Explorer. I only have the Firefox icon on my BitDefender desktop. Am trying to see if there is a way to run an exe file to open IExplorer. I can navigate to the Internet Explorer folder and find iexplorer.exe file, but can't figure out how to run it. Can anyone help me?

Thank you.

Ernie

Comments

• Well, after a little more research, I discovered BitDefender is not using Firefox but a Linux browser. And therefore, probably not any way to achieve an online scan. I do hope this is NOT the case and there is a way to activate IE. Any help greatly appreciated.

Ernie

• Hello enstorms,

BitDefender Rescue CD runs on Knoppix which is a Linux operating system - Internet Explorer is Microsoft proprietary so unfortunately you cannot run it using the BitDefender Rescue CD.