Installation Issue - Not Allowing Users To Log Onto Pc

Hello,

Just tried to install Bitdefender AntiVirus 2010 on 4 PC's. All PC's are WinXP 32bit. Mixtture of SP2 & SP3. Cannot check as I cannot log into PC's after installation.

All PC's had Bitdefender AntiVirus v10 which I un-installed prior to installing 2010.

The installation appeared to go as normal. Sucessfully registered/activated product plus updated and did quick scan however. This included one reboot during the installation process.

When all this was completed and a did a final restart could not log into the PC's. The system will say applying settings and then after a couple of seconds will simply log the user off and take them back to the logon screen.

This occurs on all 4 PC's both in safe or normal mode and with the user account and the administrator account.

I am a bit desperate since as far as the customer is concerned I have made 4 of his PC's inoperable and the 4 users are now unproductive plus because of the nature of the problem I cannot access the systems to even uninstall Bitdefender.

Prior to installing on customers PC's did a test install on one of my PC's and everything worked fine.

Any help is appreciated.

Neville

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited November 2009

Hello Nev,

We need to know if you are asked for a password when you try to login with your Windows account and what message you receive when you try to login. Also try to start your computer in Safe Mode and look if you are able to do this. After that, let us know the following information's:

a. Let us know if you have run the task for Weak Password from the Vulnerability module ;

b. Click on Start from Windows, choose Run, type regedit then click on Ok. Go to the next location : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\, right click on the Winlogon registry entry and choose Export . Select your Desktop as the location where you want to save that file, type in a name then click on Save . Upload the file on http://www.sendspace.com/ then post here the download link .

c. Right click on the My Computer icon from your desktop, choose Manage, expand "Local Users and Groups ", click on Users and then right click on it, and choose Export List... . Save the list, upload it on the same website then post the download link .

[start your computer in Safe Mode]

- restart the computer;

- repeatedly press the "F8" key several times before Microsoft Windows begins

to load (you need to press "F8" until you will be displayed a text menu);

- select "SAFE MODE" in the text menu and press "Enter".

- wait while Windows loads in Safe Mode; this process ends with a confirmation

message; click "Yes" to acknowledge.

We are looking forward to your reply.