Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unable To Remove Trojan,someone Please Help

Options

Hi your online scanner found several trojans called Trojan.Downloader.Winfixer.E,but it was unable to clean or delete this thing.Ive checked your virus database and virus removal tools.I was unable to locate anything from either about this trojan or how to remove it,im a complete novice with pc's,so im in need of some help to remove this virus,malware or whatever it is.my pc uses windows 2000 pro with all updates,service packs installed etc,ive got adaware se free,zone alarm free and avg anti virus software 7.5(which has not found these trojans so obviously its not much use as an effective anti virus software)any help anyone can give me on this matter would be greatly appreciated.(were i can get a removal tool for this trojan etc)sincierly adrian

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello adrian631

Could you please post the location where winfixer was found? In the meantime you can clear your temp files. Open IE go to tools,internet-options,remove/delete files check also offline files.

Regards

Niels

• hi niels it was found in a folder in c\program files\common files,part of a program called drive cleaner,it was a folder that was'nt removed by the add and remove program in control panel.ive deleted this folder and rescanned my pc no trojans was found this time.sorry to have wasted your time but i only found where it was has i saved a copy of the first scan and found where it was located.so no further help is needed thanks for the swift reply.sincierly adrian

• Niels
    Options

Hello adrian631

Good to hear that you solved it.

Regards

Niels