Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To Run An .exe File?

Options
enstorms
edited February 2022 in The Archive

Is there a way to run an EXE that resides on the HD or maybe from a usb that was in when booted? Can't figure out how to set the Run Options and not sure if this is what that is for. Are there any instructions on this?

Thank you.

Ernie

Comments

• Hello enstorms,

I'm not sure if you can do that - if the file was not compiled in a format specific for Linux operating systems it will not run on the BitDefender Rescue CD.

• Thanks for the info. The Rescue CD seems not capable of doing much of anything, other than scanning for viruses and limited access to internet. In three scans, it still hasn't found the worm.win32.netsky virus and haven't been able to get much help from Bitdefender support.

• Hello enstorms,

That's basically all that the Rescue CD is meant to do - offer you an exterior platform for scanning windows partitions for viruses and the Internet access is integrated for downloading updates.

Please tell us how do you know that your system is infected with "worm.win32.netsky" and, more importantly, if you used any third party utilities to clean it before running the Rescue CD.

• Please tell us how do you know that your system is infected with "worm.win32.netsky" and, more importantly, if you used any third party utilities to clean it before running the Rescue CD.

First, I can't boot in Safe Mode, it keeps restarting. When I boot in normal mode, it loads my desktop wallpaper, then opens a message box saying the system is infected with this virus. Goes on to explain what it is/does and that I need to do a full system scan. I click the Ok button and the message closes and sometimes starts to load the taskbar, then stops. No icons are ever loaded and I can't get into task manager because it says it has been disabled by the Administrator (which I am). Have to use the off button to shutdown. Now after running the Rescue CD a couple of times, I can't even boot the computer. It keeps restarting.

Hope this info helps.

Ernie

• Hello enstorms,

if you scan with the BitDefender Rescue CD does it find any infected files on your system? Do you have any error messages upon loading the Rescue CD?