Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Error Updating Bd Is 10

Options

I've been getting an error update BitDefender Internet Security 10 for 4 or 5 days now. The message I get is

"Error: Could not write new files on the disk.

Please make sure that you have enough free disk space."

I've got 37 Gb free disk space so I'm pretty sure that isn't the problem. Any suggestions?

I am running Win XP Pro with a cable internet connection and do have a router/hardware fire wall.

Let me know if more information is needed.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Comments

• Niels
    Options

Hello Topdoggg

I suggest that you do this go to start,my computer,rightclick on the icon of your hard disc choose properties,tools,error check (it could be named differently in an English version),check now, select both options and scheldule the scan to take place at the next boot reboot your pc. Boot your pc into safe by rebooting normally but press several times on the F8 button before the windowsloadingscreen choose safe mode press enter. Log in with your account go to start,my computer,rightclick on the icon of your hard disc,properties,tools,disc defragmentation,choose analyze first and if necessary defragment. That can take a while.

Regards

Niels

• Thanks Niels,

Sorry for not responding sooner. I actually ran the repair function and that seems to have fixed the problem, but I appreciate your taking the time to reply.

Jim

• Niels
    Options

Hello Topdoggg

No problem. Glad that you could solve your problem. Thanks for posting what solved your problem.

Regards

Niels