Bitdefender Quick Scan Oddity

Recently ran a quick scan and it's telling me that E:\autorun.inf executes info.exe. E: is the locked partition for the recovery set on my HP Media Center. Having googled "info.exe" it would appear to be a pretty nasty trojan so now I'm a bit concerned. I've virus scanned it, Spybot'd it, Panda'd it all in safe mode, with no ill effects - please tell me I'm just being over paranoid and that this is something that will be ironed out of the beta version...... :huh:

Comments

• Hello FBIain,

If possible please provide us the "autorun.inf" file and in case you know where the "info.exe" process is located, this file as well. Here are the steps that you need to follow :

1. Disable the BitDefender Real-Time Protection and/or any other active security solution(s) that you are using;

2. Locate the suspect/infected files:

E:\autorun.inf and "info.exe" process.

3. Compress the files using a common archiver of your choice (e.g.: WinZip, WinRAR, WinAce etc.); Protect the archive with the password "infected" (or another password of your choice);

4. Upload the archive on http://www.sendspace.com/, then send me a PM with the download link.

Thank you .