How Do I Change Automatic Renewal & Repayment?

Some anti-virus programs have automatic renewal & repayment of your yearly subscription. To change this, you normally have to get into your account settings. Does BitDefender 2010 automatically renew your yearly subscription, and automatically withdraw the repayment from your credit account? If so, how can the user change this "courtesy service" as it is called by some companies?

Comments

• If you go to http://myaccount.bitdefender.com and enter your online account using your email address and password, there is an option to "Renew". Does this mean you always have to manually renew your subscription? Or is your yearly subscription automatically renewed (and repaid) unless you make a choice not to do so, somewhere in the BitDefender system? That is what I would like to know. Personally, I think automatic renewal and repayment is a dirty trick. But I do not know if BitDefender uses this method, perhaps not.

• Yes, it does use this method, and it's a tricky one allright.

When I was cancelling my "renewal" a year ago (for BDIS2009 at that time) it wasn't easy at all.

I remember I had to send 3 or 4 e-mails to make sure my credit card won't be charged any money automatically when subscription expires.

Unfortunately I don't remember what was the address, so your option is to contact tech support and ask.

Unless this process is easier now, but I doubt it is.

Good luck

• Hello ecbritz,

When you purchase BitDefender, the auto-renewal option is checked by default. In case you want to stop this process, you will need to contact the BitDefender Support team through our phone, chat or email services and we will perform the changes.

In your case, there is nothing that you should worry about because the purchase was made through our previous authorized resellers and since we do not work with them anymore, the auto-renewal process was stopped .

Unfortuantely, we do not have implemented an option through the BitDefender account to stop the auto-renewal and that is why is necessary to contact us .

Thank you.