Generic.malware.yd!dldsp.d5c073344

Hey guys I just did a reformat on my computer and while I was downloading the latest updates for Vista Bitdefender blocked this virus in:

C:\Users\<My Name>\AppData\Local\Temp\TMP00000001CC4C8A77C7D271B5

Could this be a false positive? I just find it odd that it happened when I was right in the middle of installing the latest updates for Vista.

Comments

• Hello Ryan C.,

If possible, please send us a sample with this file . In order to do this, please check the next post.

We are looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

• Hey Alex sorry for the late reply unfortunately I can no longer locate the suspect file you requested. :(

I'm not sure if this issue is related but when I clicked on to my homepage today http://www.rr.com/ I was re-directed to one them fake virus scanner pages I ran several scans with Bitdefender and Spybot Search and Destroy and they came up with nothing could this be a fluke?

• Hello Ryan C.,

This sittuation requires further investigation. We would like you to go to the next link and run the BDSI and the Gmer tools as described in the article . After you obtain these reports , you will need to upload them here then reply with the download links . My colleagues from the Virus Analysis team will analyze these files and we will contact you back with further instructions after the analysis is complete .

Thank you .