Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

After Installing Bdts 2010, Outlook Delivers Duplicate Email

Options

Outlook now delivers two copies of each incoming email message with exact same timestamp after I installed Bit Defender Total Security 2010. My Internet Service Provider verifies the problem is not on their side. Any ideas what happened?

Thanks,

Dan

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello DPB,

In order to further investigate this sittuation please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open BitDefender in Expert Mode;

2. Select the Antivirus module on the left and go to the "Shield" tab;

3. Click on the Custom Level button;

4. Uncheck "Scan Incoming e-mail" then click on Ok

5. Test to see if the same issue occurs;

5. If it does, disable the Antispam module as well and check what is happening.

Also, please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .(in case you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, right click on the the supporttool.exe file and choose "Run as administrator" )

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link or reply to our email with the report attached .

Thank you.

• Hello DPB,

In order to further investigate this sittuation please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open BitDefender in Expert Mode;

2. Select the Antivirus module on the left and go to the "Shield" tab;

3. Click on the Custom Level button;

4. Uncheck "Scan Incoming e-mail" then click on Ok

5. Test to see if the same issue occurs;

5. If it does, disable the Antispam module as well and check what is happening.

Also, please follow the steps bellow :

1. Open My Computer.

2. Browse to

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010

- considering that BitDefender was installed on the default C partition

3. Doubleclick on the supporttool.exe file .(in case you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, right click on the the supporttool.exe file and choose "Run as administrator" )

4. Click on Next, wait a few minutes for the progress bar to complete and then click on Finish .

5. Go to the desktop, upload the report on http://www.sendspace.com/ then send me a PM with the download link or reply to our email with the report attached .

Thank you.

Okay, will try. Menwhile SupportTool has been running and has hanged twice. Progress Bar goes immediately to 40% complete and stays there. Why?

In note above, what is a "PM"?

• Alex,

Unchecking the AntiVirus "Scan Incoming Email" did NOT change anything—still receive duplicate email.

However, disabling AntiSpam did fix the problem.

Please advise next step.

FYI, SupportTool is a waste of time. It has hung up on my three times, all at the 40% completion of progress bar. I checked performance monitor on the task and it wasn't getting any CPU time.

Dan

• Alex Stanciu
    Options

Hello DPB,

We have contacted you through the email. Please follow the steps described in the next BitDefender article and reply to our email with the following reports attached : "sysdump.tar", "bdfileinfo.log" and "bdregnode.reg" .

We are looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.