Schedule Laptop To Wake Up For Scan?

Is there a way to have my laptop wake up to run a scan? I'd rather have my scans done in the middle of the night by my pc is on standby at that time. I know there's a way to do this in Windows but not sure how to call out the task to actually run (running Windows 7). Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Alex Stanciu
    Alex Stanciu ✭✭
    edited December 2009

Hello rpscott02,

Unfortuantely, is not possible to run a scan if your computer is in standby . There are special programs, that can be programed to start your computer at a certain hour. You can either schedule your BitDefender and use one of those programs or simply, run a BitDefender scan after you finish the work on your computer . Also, BitDefender have an option that you may want to check, that will shut down your computer, after the scan is over and no threats are found . Here is what you have to do in order to activate this option :

1. Open BitDefender in Expert Mode and click on the Antivirus module.

2. Click on the Virus Scan tab, right click on the Deep System Scan task and choose Properties .

3. Look after the last option :"If not threats are found, take this action: " and from the drop down menu choose "Shut down your computer". then click on Ok.

Thank you.