Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd2010 Av: How To Select Drives In System Scan

Options

I am new to BD2010 and have been trying to figure out how to select drives to be scanned. I have 2 partitions on my hard disk, one external USB, only used for backup. The total system scan takes close to 4 hours and is too much to run on a daily basis. I do not need a scan of the external USB, I seem unable to select drives myself. Anyone know the trick?

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello gvittman,

You cannot change the predefined paths of the System tasks (Deep scan, System scan and Quick scan).

At this point, you have 2 alternatives:

- either use the Exclusions tab and exclude the backup partition from OnDemand scanning (I recommend to NOT exclude it from OnAccess scanning).

- either create a User defined task (by clicking New task), and you will be able to select the scan paths. User defined tasks can be also scheduled and you can also select scanning options and/or automatic actions to take in case of detected threats.

Personally, I recommend the second choice (creating an user defined task).

Cris.

• gvittman
    edited December 2009
    Options

Thanks Cris. Appreciate the help.

And, why does the system scan run for 4 hours, even with checked to only scan changed and new files?

Thanks,

George

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited December 2009
    Options

Scan only new and changed files is an option that only affects Realtime scanning, not OnDemand tasks.

Cris.