Installed Bitdefender 2009-now The Comp Will Not Go Past Log In Screen

OK here it goes

My friend has and Xp computer that has being running fine for ages. He removed Bitdefender( twit) and proceeded to get crap load of viruses. I told him to reinstall and his license hadnt expired by this point so he was still able to install. He desperately wanted bitdefender 2009 ( he didnt like 2010 for some reason) so i had to find it else where. i eventually tracked it down and installed after i fought with the comp for 3 hours to get past the viruses.

Installed Bit , updated virus scanned. Destroyed all viruses. Rebooted. Then the fun began. the comp refused to go past the log on screen and when it did i saw nothing on screen except his background, Task manager refused to come up every single shortcut i knew to open SOMETHING refused to work.

Tried to go through safe mode, comp rebooted itself after 30 secs on the Driver screen.

Tried everything i could possible think off

( only possible saving grace maybe and Xp disc i could search for in my house MAYBE)

Now he tried it again on his sisters comp with a different file ( still 2009 )

AND NOW IT HAPPENED AGAIN

I think bitdefender should be seriously looking into this problem. They will be losing a lot of business from me and my Clients whom i recommend this software to.

Dont bother asking for the Scan lists or something like that because i cant get into the damned thing

Regards