Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Disinfect Vundo

Options

Hi

I have several severe files that BD does detect but it can't disinfect at all. It tells me that it can't take any action

Comments

• Vundo is a particularly difficult beast to kill.

Look here:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic18610.html

and download this:

http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html

Between them they should get rid of Vundo.

• Niels
    Options

I will move this to a more appropriate forum section. You will find also removal instructions in the malware section.

Regards

Niels

• It's not what I meant. I know how to deal with Vundo. I meant that BD detecs it but can't do anything with it.

No Quarantaine

No delete and no disinfect

• Niels
    Options

BitDefender can't move,disinfect,move files that are in use in normal mode. You need to use the rescue cd-rom or scanning in safe mode.

Regards

Niels

• But the file was not active at all. I use it for tests only. they are .exe files. When executed the files are very dangerous

• Niels
    Options

Hello The One

Did BitDefender denies access to these files? Or where you able to execute these files? Because BitDefender will block access to dangerous files. Where you running a scan or not?

Regards

Niels

• Hi Niels

I know these files so I did not execute them. I scanned them. BD did detect them. But uis not able to do anything about them

• Is there someone I can send some samples to? They are dangerous files

• Niels
    Niels
    edited August 2007
    Options

Hello The One

If BitDefender detects them you can't run the files.

You can upload the infected files here in a password protected archive with the following password: infected. Attach it at your next post. Or you can send them to : virus_submission@bitdefender.com or to support@bitdefender.com But also archive them and use the same password.

Regards

Niels

• Niels I would like to tell you that Till date bitdefender hasdnt removed the file. I read the malware section and the removal step is let bitdefender remove the file. How can it remove it when its being used by another process. There has to be a way. Are you aware of it. FixVundo also is not able to delte these ###### files

• Safe mode is also not removing it :(

• Niels
    Options

Hello Nassau

I am only a volunteer and I am not a virus researcher or work for Softwin. Did you downloaded and use superantispyware?

Regards

Niels

• Hello The One

Did BitDefender denies access to these files? Or where you able to execute these files? Because BitDefender will block access to dangerous files. Where you running a scan or not?

Regards

Niels

I did test it to execute. BD did allow me to do that

• Hello The One

If BitDefender detects them you can't run the files.

You can upload the infected files here in a password protected archive with the following password: infected. Attach it at your next post. Or you can send them to : virus_submission@bitdefender.com or to support@bitdefender.com But also archive them and use the same password.

Regards

Niels

All the files on this website www.seriall.com are very dangerous so please do not test when on Bitdefender. BD detects but can't do anything with it. These are very important to know for the BitDefender crew though. So please BD crew train the engine for these malware files

• Niels
    Options

Hello The One

I tested 1 download.Once the extracter was completed BitDefender didn't allow me to run the extracted files.

Could you please verify it? You should normally receive an error message a device that is attachted on the system doesn't work. When you press on the executables.

Regards

Niels