[solved] Uninstall Tool

I upgraded from 2009 IS to 2010 IS. 2009 expires today and I want to remove it. I have down loaded the BD unistall tool but I am not sure if it will remove just 2009 or both programs at the same time.

When I used the add/remove program one system BD went in the tank and I had to use the repair option to get it working again. However 2009 is still on the system.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Comments

• Hello jas420,

The Uninstall Tool removes all versions of BitDefender, starting with v7. So yes, it will remove all versions installed on your system.

On the other hand, I can't see how you have both 2009 and 2010 installed. As far as I know, when you install 2010, 2009 is automatically uninstalled. Are you sure BitDefender 2009 is still installed on your system?

Cris.

• Hello jas420,

The Uninstall Tool removes all versions of BitDefender, starting with v7. So yes, it will remove all versions installed on your system.

On the other hand, I can't see how you have both 2009 and 2010 installed. As far as I know, when you install 2010, 2009 is automatically uninstalled. Are you sure BitDefender 2009 is still installed on your system?

Cris.

Hi Cris

Thank you for your quick asnwer. Installation of 2010 did not remove 2009 from two of my systems. As all good Texans do after the first two installation I read the instructions and I should have removed 2009 before I installed 2010. I used the removeal tool and it removed all of 2009 but only part of2010. I ran theremoval tool again and it removed the rest of 2010. I then did another download and install and it just finished.

My only concen is how often BD will let me reinstall IS. I have the install disk on order but it has not arrived yet.

Thanks again for your help. For now Iam two out of three clean installs

• You can install BitDefender as many times as you want, from the same installation kit and using the same registration key that you already have (also, using the same BitDefender MyAccount information to activate them online). The only limitation is not to use the registration key on more systems simultaneously than the number of users written on the licensing certificate (or in the email that you received the key in).

So my advice would be to use the Uninstall Tool to completely remove BitDefender on your third system as well, and make a clean installation.

Cris.

• Will do

Thank you.

• You are very welcome, jas420. :)

If you have other questions, please don't hesitate to post.

Since this issue is solved, I will close this topic. If you need it reopened, let me know by PM (or use the Report button to announce the Moderating Team).

Cris.

== CLOSED ==

== Issue solved ==

This discussion has been closed.