Bitdefender 2010 Total Security Issues: _resetstkoflw Could Not Be Located In The Dynamic Link Libra

BitDefender, I have a problem launching applications on my computer as soon as I install BitDefender 2010 Total Security on my Windows XP x64 SP2 computer. The error I receive is

"The procedure entry point _resetstkoflw could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll"

This error has happened twice, and I'm sure it's from installing BitDefender, as the same issue occurred before I reformatted my computer after installing BitDefender. Please fix this error, so that I can use BitDefender 2010 on my computer.

Note, I'm not sure why I'm getting this error, as I have not received it on my other XP x64 systems.

--

Thanks

Comments

• Anyone?

I've verified that BitDefender is causing this issue several times. This needs to be fixed. What's going on?

I currently have no firewall, since BD causes this error, and my comp is working fine boot after boot without the error.

BitDefender, please fix this issue.

• Anyone?

I've verified that BitDefender is causing this issue several times. This needs to be fixed. What's going on?

I currently have no firewall, since BD causes this error, and my comp is working fine boot after boot without the error.

BitDefender, please fix this issue.

Guess there's no support left in this program. Too bad installing it messes up one of my x64 XP PCs.

• Hello Eric,

For testing purposes, please follow the steps below in order to set the BitDefender Antivirus Virus Control module on Permissive:

1. Open BitDefender Security Center.

2. Click on 'Settings' and switch to 'Expert Mode'

3. Go to 'Antivirus' tab.

4. Click on 'Advanced Settings' and set the 'Antivirus Virus Control' feature on Permissive.

5. Test to see if the issue still replicates.

Thank you.

• I've hand the same problem. BitDefender seems to delete or rather REPLACE the file just after windows restarts when installation completes. I've tried replacing the files with original copies via recovery console with no success. I've then set BitD antivirus do "Permissive" and manually restored original 'system32' and 'syswow64' folders... and problem dissapears.

I'm using Windows XP x64 Superior not the 'original' one though.