Bd 2009 Ts & Eudora

Hi all...

We're using BitDefender total security 2009 and Eudora 7.01 on an HP laptop, Windows XP home. BitDefender is set up to NOT scan email messages.

About once a week, we recieve blank emails - no sender, no subject. Occasionally, there is garbage in the message, and occasionally there is readable text, but nothing that enables us to figure out who it's from. The sending time is always exactly the same as the recieving time.

On another computer running XP Pro and BD TS 2009, but using MS Outlook 2003, We have NO problems.

I've called our ISP (Road Runner) and although they've neve heard of the problem, they think it's probably Eudora (since the other computer is without problems).

I'm at my wits end with this thing - I'm going to keep searching, but I haven't found anything on this anywhere using Google, or on the Eudora site.

Thanks!

SKP

Comments

• Hello SKP,

We are very sorry for the late response to your post.

We inform you that the Antispam toolbar is integrated on:

■ Microsoft Outlook 2000 / 2002 / 2003 / 2007

■ Microsoft Outlook Express

■ Microsoft Windows Mail

■ Thunderbird 1.5 and 2.0

Also, the 'Scan incoming email' and 'Scan outgoing email' options from the Antivirus module, Custom level are referring to the same software.

If you are still dealing with the same issue please be so kind as to follow the steps bellow:

- open BitDefender and Switch to Advance view from the top right corner;

- go to the Antivirus module;

- click on Scanner settings;

- uncheck the 'Behavioral Scan is enabled';

- check if the issue persists with this option disabled;

- if Eudora 7.01 is working fine and you are nor receiving these emails anymore please go back to the Antivirus module -> Scanner Settings -> enable the Behavioral scan and add an exception for it.

You can also try to upgrade free of charge to our latest version, BitDefender Total Security 2010. You can find step by step instructions on this Knowledge Base article.

Please let us know if we can further assist you with this issue.

Thank you.

• Hello SKP,

We are very sorry for the late response to your post.

We inform you that the Antispam toolbar is integrated on:

■ Microsoft Outlook 2000 / 2002 / 2003 / 2007

■ Microsoft Outlook Express

■ Microsoft Windows Mail

■ Thunderbird 1.5 and 2.0

Also, the 'Scan incoming email' and 'Scan outgoing email' options from the Antivirus module, Custom level are referring to the same software.

If you are still dealing with the same issue please be so kind as to follow the steps bellow:

- open BitDefender and Switch to Advance view from the top right corner;

- go to the Antivirus module;

- click on Scanner settings;

- uncheck the 'Behavioral Scan is enabled';

- check if the issue persists with this option disabled;

- if Eudora 7.01 is working fine and you are nor receiving these emails anymore please go back to the Antivirus module -> Scanner Settings -> enable the Behavioral scan and add an exception for it.

You can also try to upgrade free of charge to our latest version, BitDefender Total Security 2010. You can find step by step instructions on this Knowledge Base article.

Please let us know if we can further assist you with this issue.

Thank you.

• We are using BitDefender Internet Security 2009, Outlook Express 6 and Windows XP. We also received blank emails -- no sender, no subject, about 1 in 10. Usually, right-click and "Details" showed garbage. On 2 occasions, one could see the sender names and they were able to forward the original email, this time successfully. On another occasion I found a "http:/...username" string which I copied, pasted into Internet Explorer and behold the email appeared in my inbox!

I suspect a negative interaction timing error between BitDefender and the ISP, both of whom are doing anti-spam filtering, both trying to help. First, I removed the new feature, the antispam toolbar from OE6 using the Diana Bele method. Another blank appeared. Second, I unchecked the "Antispam is enabled" box in BD on Feb 5th. To date, Feb 21st, there has been no more blank emails. Solved?

Maybe this disabling will solve the intermittent blank problem, but it might allow a new problem.

[Aside: A ISP consultant suggested these blank emails were spam, but I thought that "no sender, no subject" emails would not be allowed into the transmission chain. Am I wrong?]

• Hello HowardK,

The blank emails you are receiving could be due to the Antispam module, therefore the emails are not necessary spams. We inform you that this issue was solved on our latest version. We kindly recommend you to upgrade for free to [/b]BitDefender Total Security 2010.

You can find here complete information regarding the upgrade process. We have also sent you an email with step by step instructions.

Please let us know if this issue occurs after the upgrade. We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.