Update Installer Did Not Work

New guy not computer savy. I have two concerns. (1) bit defender seems slow and I cannot tell if it terminates correctly after 8 hrs or so. I have a Maxstor back up unit and I think bit defender is going there. I cannot figure out how to exclude this device.

(2) bit defender is reporting it never scanned since 1/1/05. I have been a customer for some time and this cannot be true.

Comments

• New guy not computer savy. I have two concerns. (1) bit defender seems slow and I cannot tell if it terminates correctly after 8 hrs or so. I have a Maxstor back up unit and I think bit defender is going there. I cannot figure out how to exclude this device.

(2) bit defender is reporting it never scanned since 1/1/05. I have been a customer for some time and this cannot be true.

I have been looking around. I have nero on this system. could this be causing my problems. What do I do? Can I uninstall Nero. I have no idea what it is or where it came from.

HELP!

• Trying to fix bit defender virus protection I tried to reinstall the software. The installer terminated in an error. The sofware told me uninstall so I did. Then I tried to go to the web and download and it terminated in the same error. Now I an ****** without virus protection. I am a novice user and don't know what to do. I like the 2008 version of the software but this version does not agree with me. I need help now. I paid for the software and now I have nothing. Didn't know it but I probably never had anything because of fact that update never worked.

Help.

• Trying to fix bit defender virus protection I tried to reinstall the software. The installer terminated in an error. The sofware told me uninstall so I did. Then I tried to go to the web and download and it terminated in the same error. Now I an ****** without virus protection. I am a novice user and don't know what to do. I like the 2008 version of the software but this version does not agree with me. I need help now. I paid for the software and now I have nothing. Didn't know it but I probably never had anything because of fact that update never worked.

Help.

OK I tried again. This time I use the 'save' rather than 'run' selection and the install started. It aborted with a message about 'insufficient permission and something about TBD33 or something. I am going to check back here tomorrow and I hope somebody is watching and answering.

• oldtee
    edited January 2010

Nobody to help. Wasted my money on this product. I am GONE, GONE, Gone.

• Hello oldtee,

We have sent you an e-mail with some steps you need to follow in order to provide us with more information on the issue.

Please reply to the e-mail with the requested data.

Thank you.