Bd Is Vs Total Commander

Hello all BD Users! :)

Another year, another subscription, another Bit Defender version ad unfortunately - another problem :/ (last time it was "BDIS vs Garena case").

I'm currently running Windows 7 Pro x64 PL and BD Internet Security 2010 (just bought "2-year-2-PC" subscription) and Total Commander 7.50.

The thing is:

- In Windows file explorer (which I just hate) while right clicking on a file I can see BD File Vault and "Scan with BD Antivirus" option.

- In Total commander (which I use) only File Vault is avalible :( It's sad because I was using "Scan with BD Antivirus" option very, very, veeeeeery often :(

What is weird, on same OS and TCMD version with BDIS 2009 onboard everything works fine :/

I've tried both BDIS 2010 PL and EN version - still the same, no "Scan with BD Antivirus" available in Total Commander.

It seems that this issue is Total Commander independent (everything worked fine at BDIS 2009).

Something got changed between BDIS 2009 and 2010.

Maybe author of Total Commander should add something in his software to make it compatible with BD Contextual Scan in BDIS 2010? I don't know :/

Any other user noticed the same problem?

If You have any suggestions - please, share.

Greetings :)

Comments

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited January 2010

Hello luslom,

Thank you for reporting this problem. Until a fix is released through automatic updates, you can use a small bugfix tool I've wrote a few minutes ago to address this problem.

You can download the tool from here: http://saf.li/f8s7u

The tool is build for x64 systems and won't run on 32bit operating systems (it's not even required to run, as the problem only manifests on 64bit systems).

How to use:

Just download the EXE, save it somewhere (it doesn't matter where) and run it. Depending on your UAC settings (on Vista/Seven), you might be asked if you allow this tool to make changes to your system. Allow the request, because otherwise the tool won't function properly.

The tool has been successfully tested on Windows 7 Professional x64 with BitDefender Total Security 2010 x64 installed and Total Commander 7.50a (not that it matters much the TC version).

Disclaimer:

This tool was written and released with the approval of BitDefender TechSupport.

However, the tool was NOT written by BitDefender Labs and, as such, BitDefender cannot be help responsible for any problems and/or unwanted behavior experienced during usage of this tool.

The tool was entirely written by me, so any bug reports or questions should be addressed to me (on this topic, or by PM). I will do everything in my power to fix any possible bugs and/or problems appeared with this tool, but I shall not be held responsible for any problems experienced during usage of this tool. The tool is provided "AS IS", without any warranty. Use at your own risk.

Please let me know if this solves your problem. :)

Cris.

• Please let me know if this solves your problem. :)

Cris - once again You "save the day". Problem is solved!

Huge thanks for Your priceless effort :)

• I'm glad I could help. :)

If you wish, you can now delete the downloaded file, as it's not needed anymore. It's meant to be a one-time-use tool (unless you reinstall BitDefender before a permanent fix is released by BD Labs).

Have a nice day. :)

Cris.

• I'm glad I could help. :)

If you wish, you can now delete the downloaded file, as it's not needed anymore. It's meant to be a one-time-use tool (unless you reinstall BitDefender before a permanent fix is released by BD Labs).

Have a nice day. :)

Cris.

Hello again - sorry for digging out this thread after 6 months.

Few days ago I had a Hard Drive failure and I had to reinstall whole system with BDIS of course :)

After downloading all updates my current "engine version" is 7.32417 and once again there was no Right Mouse Contextual Scan available on my Win7 x64 :>

Fortunately I still have Your "one-time-use tool" :)

The Conclusion: Somebody forgot to include this fix in BD updates. ^^

Best Wishes.

• Hello luslom,

Thank you for the feedback, issue will be addressed and resolved as soon as possible.

Best regards and a nice Sunday!