Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Disable Bd 2010

Options

Hello,

I hope I'm not duplicating an earlier topic, but I looked and couldn't find one.

Specs: HP Pavilion dv7 laptop, Windows 7, 2 GHz, 4MB, Bit Defender Internet Security 2010, BDIS + Windows kept fully updated

Problem: So ah, I disabled the internal speakers last night to force the sound output to the HDMI out so I could watch Transformers 2 (decent movie) and now can find no easy way to re-enable them. Hence I want to run a system restore to a point before I did that. When attempting to run the restore I get an error message saying the restore utility could not access a needed file, likely because of antivirus software. I went in to expert mode, disabled the firewall, turned the anti-virus and privacy controls both to permissive and tried again. Got the same error. Can someone tell me how to temporarily shut off BDIS so I can my restore?

Thanks

Comments

• Hello MMMiller,

Please be so kind as to follow the steps from this link in order to provide us with the reports we need for further investigation.

The reports will be sent directly to our Technical Support Team and you will receive an automatic reply shortly. Please send me a PM with the ticket ID from the Subject of the e-mail so that I may analyze the reports and send you a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.

• Hi you have to boot into safe mode, disable bd in services anything thats bd in there reboot and bd will be shut down. next do your restore once thats all done you have to go back into services and enable all the bd stuff again and reboot. There is no easy way to shut it down.