[solved] Question On Scan Results

I scanned my music folder and found that there are some mp3's that come up clean up say there is javascript 1 javascript 2 javascript-compilation..

Does this mean there is some undetected JS virus in these files? I have never taken the time to read the results before since they always came back clean but was bored enough today. I can open these mp3's with textpad and it seems like an HTML code for something.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appriciated. I can post what the HTML says if need be.

Thanks !!!

Comments

• Hello vwyodapink,

Please attach the scan log here.

Cris.

• Here is my log hope this helps.. The ones that state the JS are about mid log... There is also some .ini that have something saying null after as well. Hope this helps more.

Thanks for the assistance much appriciated.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=6007" data-fileid="6007" rel="">1263850591.log

• The Desktop.ini files are OK.

As for the other ones, please put a few such files in a password-protected archive, with the password infected (details in my signature), upload the archive on a file sharing server of your choice (like www.sendspace.com) and send me the download link by PM. I will give you more info after I receive the files.

Cris.

• Ok will do thank you Chris :)

• The files are clean. However, they are not MP3 files, but HTML files (error download reports). Basically, they are useless and can be deleted.

Cris.

• Thats bizzare I think. So any of the ones that showup with those JS listings after the file I should just delete?

Thanks for taking the time !!

• Yes, you may safely delete them. The HTML files do, in fact, contain JavaScript scripts, which appear in BD's scan log. But those scripts are valid and perfectly clean.

You may also keep those files, as they don't represent a threat. But since they are not valid MP3 files, I see no point in keeping them. Also, all files are perfectly identical (at least the ones you sent me), so keeping all of them is nothing more than a waste of space , in my opinion.

You are welcome.

Cris.

• == CLOSED ==

== Issue solved ==

This discussion has been closed.