Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Can I Delete The Virus Using Terminal As(root)

Options
SlipKuDX08
edited February 2022 in The Archive

Hi guys, h0w can i delete the virus using terminal as(root)? I'm trying to use bdscan --action=delete, but its invalid. Please help.. Tnx

Comments

• re1n0ut
    edited February 2010
    Options

BD can't delete it because the virus probably is inside a heavily compressed archive..

to delete the archive you should go to the directory in which it is stored and delete it there, make sure you have a system recovery point before you do this.

in a terminal type :

cd /directory/directory/directory

change 'directory' according to the actual directories in which the archive is stored if there are more directories just add them with a "/" (slash) in front of 'em

When inside the correct folder type :

del filename.extension

change 'filename' and 'extension' according to the filename in which the virus was detected

• diana told me that command to delete the virus using terminal as root.. huhu,,but not work,, :'(

• Hello warren flores,

Could you please put here the command that you are trying to run?

• ahmm this is the command bdscan --action=delete but not work.,.,help plss.,., tnx in advance

• Hello,

The command that should be run in order to delete an infected file is

# rm /path/to/infected/file

Please send us more details about your issue (screen captures, the steps followed to reproduce the issue, etc.)

Thank you