Antivirus Scanning Multiple Times In A Row

I have been having an issue with the Antivirus in Total Security 2010 the past few weeks or so, not sure if it corresponded to an update or not.

Repeatedly I will have a system scan start up despite only being scheduled to do so daily at 14:00. It will start at any time of the day, and if you cancel it or stop the scan it will start up again usually within a few minutes. Additionally if a scan is already in progress, it will attempt to start an additional scan and give the error message that another scan is already in progress. This has happened many times in a row.

Up until recently it has worked perfectly so I was wondering if there was anything changed with the scheduler, or if anyone else was having the same issues?

Thanks in advance,

Kelly

Program and System Info

BitDefender Total Security 2010

Version 13.0.19

Sony Vaio VGN-FZ470E Laptop

Windows Vista Home Premium SP2

Comments

• I have been having an issue with the Antivirus in Total Security 2010 the past few weeks or so, not sure if it corresponded to an update or not.

Repeatedly I will have a system scan start up despite only being scheduled to do so daily at 14:00. It will start at any time of the day.

Up until recently it has worked perfectly so I was wondering if there was anything changed with the scheduler, or if anyone else was having the same issues?

Program and System Info

BitDefender Total Security 2010

Version 13.0.19

Sony Vaio VGN-FZ470E Laptop

Windows Vista Home Premium SP2

Hi Kelly R!

My system, Windows XP Home(or Pro). BD IS 2010 (and not TS) and no laptop.

My scheduler( every night) is fine.

I could hardly help you, we do not have the same system.

A few questions:

Did you install anything on your laptop?

No problem in the registry basis appeared before?

Your scheduler is fine with your other software?

Maybe check to problems with Sony (google helps...)

Maybe deinstall BD and reinstall it? Does it help?

No problem with the hard disk? (maybe a chekdisk to do)

I hope it is not a motherboard problem.

A few ideas, but I can't go further, sorry. :huh:

L.