Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How To Deactivate Product

Options

I bought BDTS 2010 with three licenses. I have installed and activated on three laptops but have retired my oldest machine for a new laptop. I wish to deactivate the old laptop's license and re-activate it on the new laptop. I have 304 days left in the 3-license key.

How do I do this?

Thanks.

dan

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello Dan,

There are no special procedures to follow in your case. Just uninstall the product from your old machine (use BitDefender Uninstall Tool), install it on your new machine, register it with your old key and activate it using the same MyAccount details.

As long as the numbers of systems having installed BitDefender with the same license key does not exceed the number of users written on the registration certificate (in your case, 3), then it doesn't matter how many times you uninstall/reinstall it, or if you change systems (and reinstall using the same key).

Cris.

• Cris, I assume that uninstalling effectively returns the key to Bit Defender. If so, then I assume you must be conected to the internet to successfully do this.

dan

• alexcrist
    Options

No, actually you don't need to be connected to the Internet.

As I said, the key is not "deactivated". As long as it's not "in use" at the same time, on more systems than it should, then everything's OK. The uninstall process just removes the installation from your system (erasing the registration information in the process), so basically that's the whole point: removing the registration from one system, so you can use it on another.

Cris.