Restore A File Deleted By Bitdefender

Hi all, I installed Bitdefender 2010 Total internet security, it did a system scan and deleted a trusted file that it thought was a worm.

I need to restore this file for use with a program, but cannot find where it is. Is there anyway to restore a file that bitdefender deleted?

Thanks.

Comments

• Hi all, I installed Bitdefender 2010 Total internet security, it did a system scan and deleted a trusted file that it thought was a worm.

I need to restore this file for use with a program, but cannot find where it is. Is there anyway to restore a file that bitdefender deleted?

Thanks.

Hi Baumach,

I do not know if it is possible to recover a file suppressed by BD.

Maybe a spet will answer you.

Isn't possible to reinstall the software?

You'd better use the quarantine function of BD.

I have BD IS 2010 ( not Total, I do not know if there is a big difference)

Open BD IS 2010 (same dashboard as Total?)

Choose Security, Custom Scan

Next

Add target (put your files or disk to be scanned)

Next

then in Actions Options you can choose Move object to quarantine.

I had a precious file deleted two years ago, now when I install a security soft, I check first the "quarantine solution".

L.

• Thanks for your response, I found out that it is nearly impossible to restore a file that Bitdefender deleted. However, I was able to retrieve the file from a CD backup, but everytime I tried to copy it to my PC, BD would pop up and delete the file again. I was able to add it to the safe list, and finally get it back where it belongs, but it took me a while to do this. I am not to impressed with the BD 2010. We are having a lot of difficulty with our small office network and I am thinking of uninstalling BD TS 2010 and going back with the 2009 version.

Regards,

B

• Both the 2009 and 2010 product lines use the same signature bases.

Please provide a detection name and, if possible, upload the file somewhere and post the link so we can properly address the problem.

Thank you.

Have a nice day!