Bit Defender 2010 Update Is Broken.

I've been trying to update my malware signature for bitdefender 2010 doing all the normal steps like enabling it through settings, yet it somehow turns itself off the second after I enable it. I haven't been able to update for quite a while (more than a month) and am very concerned!! Please any help is appreciated.

Comments

• I've been trying to update my malware signature for bitdefender 2010 doing all the normal steps like enabling it through settings, yet it somehow turns itself off the second after I enable it. I haven't been able to update for quite a while (more than a month) and am very concerned!! Please any help is appreciated.

Hi the programmer,

You do not give any details on your system (Windows or not) but as far as I know, we do not need to manipulate settings to get a simple update. When you install the sofware, it should go smoothly.

(My experience comes only with XP Home or Pro, not Vista or Seven.)

However:

1) Do you have another antivirus aboard? - we should have only one firewall and antivirus, two could create havoc on a system.

-> delete the other software as thoroughly as possible

2) Did you deactivate windows own firewall? It is necessary to make other security software to run.

Wasn't there a message during the installation?

3) Do you use proxies, or anonymous software to get internet?

If you do that, you should activate proxies you daily use with your provider, BD or other software won't have access to internet without these settings. Or you deactivate proxies but with a modification of settings maybe.

Sorry, I'm no expert and I do not have fresher ideas.

Maybe you should reinstall BD.

Start.

Program

Bitdefender

Repair or remove

Repair then next...

It could help?

Maybe somebody else will help...

L.

• Hello the_programmer and Lionet,

@Lionet: Thank you for taking the time to post your ideas and suggestions on this topic and also on this forum. We appreciate your support.

@the_programmer:

Please open BitDefender and go to Settings from the top right corner. Switch UI to Expert mode, click Apply and OK, then go to the Update module.

If the Update module is unavailable (everything is greyed out) please save this file on your computer, extract it and run the livesrv unav.exe. Then restart your computer, right click on the BitDefender icon from the system tray and select Update now.

If the update is not working after following these steps please let us know.

Thank you!