Im Encryption And Windows Live Messenger

Hello,

I've been using BD Total Security for some time now, and I haven't had any problems with it. Just recently, I introduced my friend to this great antivirus software, and he ended up buying it. Now that my friend has it, I have a problem when I chat with him using Windows Live Messenger.

Everytime we start a conversation with each other, we send each others these messages :

"BitDefender is trying to establish a secure connection in order to encrypt this conversation.

BitDefender: A secure connection has been established. This conversation is encrypted."

It was getting annoying, so we ended up disabling IM encryption on both computers using the BD GUI (Encryption -> IM Encyption is disabled).

The problem is, even with encryption disabled on both computers, those annoying messages keep showing up.

Is there anything I can do to remove them? This only happens when I'm chatting with my friend, which is my only contact that also has BitDefender installed.

Computer Specs :

IM: Windows Live Messenger 2009 (14.0)

AV: BitDefender Total Security 2010

Thanks!

Comments

• Hello Marty_Boy,

We are very sorry for the late response to your post. If you are still experiencing this issue please be so kind as to follow the steps bellow:

- open BitDefender and go to Settings from the top right corner;

- Switch UI to Expert mode, then click Apply and OK;

- go to the Encryption module from the left side;

- check the box next to IM Encryption is disabled;

- if you are seeing your friend's ID in the list please click on the minus button in order to remove it.

- please also uncheck the options:

• Yahoo Messenger Encryption is enabled
    • Windows Live (MSN) Messenger Encryption is enabled
    - now uncheck the IM Encryption is enabled box.

Please let us know if the issue persists after following the steps above.

Thank you.