Take Decision By Own

i recently installed BitDefender 2010 but when i scan a drive it automatically deleted infected files... i m a advance user i want to take the decision myself... plz tell me how to do it.. i dont want to delete eny file aautomatically , even it is a virus... tellme is it possible in BitDefender 2010?????????

i am waiting for answer thanx in advance

Comments

• i recently installed BitDefender 2010 but when i scan a drive it automatically deleted infected files... i m a advance user i want to take the decision myself... plz tell me how to do it.. i dont want to delete eny file aautomatically , even it is a virus... tellme is it possible in BitDefender 2010?????????

i am waiting for answer thanx in advance

On the latest BD Security Center (yours too? ) the presentation is a bit different now.

Open BitDefender Internet Security 2010

Choose Security

Choose Custom Scan

Next

Add target (you choose anything what you want to be scanned)

Next

Here, on the left top menu First Action, you can choose Move object to quarantine (instead of Disinfect)

And you can choose the action to be done either on infected files or suspect files.

Have a nice day (or night - as far as I'm concerned) :)

L.

• On the latest BD Security Center (yours too? ) the presentation is a bit different now.

Open BitDefender Internet Security 2010

Choose Security

Choose Custom Scan

Next

Add target (you choose anything what you want to be scanned)

Next

Here, on the left top menu First Action, you can choose Move object to quarantine (instead of Disinfect)

And you can choose the action to be done either on infected files or suspect files.

Have a nice day (or night - as far as I'm concerned) :)

L.

ive done it but when i try to restore that quarantine file it gets deleted .... no doubt i m changing antivirussssss sory

• Hello mastertushar,

In order to be able to choose the first and second actions for the infected and suspected files detected by BitDefender please follow the steps bellow:

- open BitDefender and click on Settings from the top right corner;

- Switch UI to Expert Mode, then click Apply and OK;

- go to the Antivirus module and click on Custom level;

- go to Action to take when an infected file is found;

- here you can choose one of the options bellow for the First and Second action:

Deny access and continue

Disinfect file

Delete File

Move File to Quarantine

- you can also choose one of these option for the suspected files;

If BitDefender detected some files and already moved them to the Quarantine you can restore them. Please note that you will need to disable the Real time protection first (from Antivirus module -> Shield tab), then go to the Quarantine tab, choose the file and click on the Restore button.

Let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thank you.