Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Is This A Virus ?

Options

Recently I run startup manager from my tune up utilities, I found an item in the start up that's quiet suspicious, it directly point to a file which name is "x.exe"

Everytime I tried to remove it, I got an error message

Luckily I run a dual boot os, so I just boot to another os and simple delete the file, but what is disturbing me right now, that's even that after I already delete it, I can't delete the path from the start up

Below is the image

4tuqcqo.jpg

Comments

• operabilus
    edited August 2007
    Options

Best thing to do when having a suspicious file is to send it directly to us. You cand use the submit feature from the forum, but remember to put the file in a password protected ZIP or RAR (use 'infected' for the password).

If the file does not keep reappearing, it's ok. If it appears again, send it to us.

The entry from startup does not affect you system at all, if there is no file with that name in that path.

• Niels
    Niels
    edited August 2007
    Options

Hello paleskin

Here some information

If you want to delete the reference in the registry do this press win+r (windows button together with r). Type regedit press enter. But first export the registry key to do that select it and go to file,export and save it to a preferred location on your pc. After that use the windows search option to x.exe and attach it also at your next post. Expand the registry key hkey_local_machine and open the follow folders and subfolders: software,microsoft,windows,currentversion,run at you right side you will find an entry that is called x delete it.

After that you can delete it.

Regards

Niels