Sabnzbd 0.5 Doesn't Work With Bd2010 Is

I upgraded SABnzbd to the new 0.5 version this weekend.

Since then, the application doesn't start at all (just appears for 1sec in the task manager, then disappears).

If I disable BD2010, it starts and works fine.

If I remove SABnzbd 0.5 and reinstall the previous version, the 0.4.12, it works again

So there is something in the version 0.5, that BD doesn't like.

I found on SABnzbd forum that other users having BD2010 on Vista had the same issue.

Who else here has the same issue? And can we expect a fix from BD side, since SABnzbd already said they off course can't text all anti-virus softwares...

I am on XP, up to date with MS updates, and BD ones (13.0.,19)

Comments

• Hello pasupasu,

Please be so kind as to provide us with some information in order to be able to further investigate this situation.

Open BitDefender -> go to Settings from the top right corner -> Switch UI to Expert Mode. Go to the Antivirus module from the left part and click on Advanced Settings button. Here please click on the + sign, add the executable file for this application and test if it is working.

If SABnzbd cannot be opened after following these instructions please go back to the Antivirus module -> click on Advanced Settings -> uncheck the Active virus control is enabled option and test again if it is working.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

• Ok thank you it worked!

I added the exe in the "advanced settings" of the antivirus, and now the application starts correctly

Then the only bug is that BD didn't ask me anything when I started the application, it just killed the process without the usual warning, telling me that BD stopped a potential virus and asking me if I want to block it or allow it.

Thank you for your quick reply.

This discussion has been closed.