Problem With Total Security 2010

Hi all,

I just upgraded to Total Security 2010 and have found that the Bit Defender screen is not functioning properly. The uninstallation of 2009 and the installation of 2010 went smoothly, however I can't even use the software now that it's installed. Attached is a screenshot of what comes up when i double click the Bit Defender desktop icon.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the 2010 software twice and the same problem occurs. Furthermore, the computer has slightly slowed down in general and certain software has slowed down and even crashed, such as Photoshop, ever since I installed this version.

Has anyone seen this before, if so could anyone please shed some light on the issue.

Kind regards,

Ron

post-31983-1268367081_thumb.jpg

Comments

• coolcool1227
    coolcool1227 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010

Hello mamaindia

Uninstall Bitdefender properly with "Bitdefender Uninstall Tool" in the following folder

C:\Program Files\BitDefender\BitDefender 2010\BitDefenderUninstallTool.exe

or

follow the instructions and download tool from

http://www.bitdefender.com/KB333-en--How-t...itDefender.html

You may perform "Bitdefender On-Line Scan" to assure that your PC is not infected.

Regards

• Thanks for that ONT. I uninstalled using the BitDefender Uninstall Tool, however it failed to delete some registry keys in the process (not sure if this is good or not).

I did the Online Scan on the bitdefender website and it tells me that my system is not infected, yet the problem of the blank BD dialogue window still exists once i reinstalled the software.

I have also noticed that since installing the BD TS 2010 that I cannot print anything, System Restore dialogue doesn't open, and probably some more things that i haven't checked yet. The most frustrating thing is that I just purchased this 2010 software and it doesn't even allow me to scan or literally do anything with it.

I had BitDefender TS 2009 prior to this and it worked a treat!

I am running XP Professional 64bit, 4GB RAM, Core 2 Duo 3.0GHz if that is any help.

I really just don't know what else to do. Is there a BitDefender Tech Support guru on here who could shed some light on the matter?

Thank you

Ron