Upgraded To 2010

I previously had Bitdefender 2008 installed and needed to upgrade (license timeout). 2008 AV Worked GREAT so was really willing to buy the upgrade to 2010 via download. Did so and installed.

Things have not worked out well at all. No other change to configuration other than installing the upgrade.

Problem is that upon bootup, and chosing a profile to run (Win XP SP2), BD2010 starts loading up. Hover cursor over the taskbar icon, and it indicates it's still loading (services?). When it finishes, my machine -completely- hangs up.

Nothing works. Have to do a hard reboot and go into safe mode to work.

Odd thing is that initial install of BD2010 works fine. It's only -after- I peform a virus list/application update that the problems hit.

Have had to do system restore to even get it to work. Did an install and didn't do an update so I could do an uninstall the right way.

At this point, it's off my machine.

I -REALLY- want it to work (not just cause I plunked down money for it) cause I think it has the best features of any AV out there.

Help me.

Thanks,

Comments

• Hello gearhead,

We are very sorry for the late response and we hope to assist you in a timely manner from now on.

If you are still dealing with this issue please follow the steps bellow:

1. Make sure your system meets the Minimal System Requirements:

• 450 MB available free hard disk space
    • 800 MHz processor
    • RAM Memory:

- 512 MB for Windows XP

- 1 GB for Windows Vista and Windows 7

• Internet Explorer 6.0
    • .NET Framework 1.1 (also available in the installer kit)

2. Make sure you uninstall any other security solution from your computer.

3. Please use our uninstall tool in order to uninstall/delete any previous BitDefender related files. Access this link and when the window with the BitDefender file appears, please choose the "Save to disk" option. Save the tool on the PC, run it, restart the computer.

4. Install BitDefender using the latest installation kit available for download. Please note that you need to download (save) the installation kit prior to running it.

Install BitDefender 2010 from the location below. Click on the product name in order to get the download window to appear:

BitDefender Antivirus 2010 32 bit

BitDefender Antivirus 2010 64 bit

BitDefender Internet Security 2010 32 bit

BitDefender Internet Security 2010 64 bit

BitDefender Total Security 2010 32 bit

BitDefender Total Security 2010 64 bit

Thank you.