Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

"configure Status Alert" Settings Are Not Saved

Options

More just an annoyance, but I always uncheck all the Status Alerts. If I update, reboot, and sometimes when I do nothing, I'll get an alert...and it's totally random what alerts turn themselves back on. How do I uncheck the alert options and keep them unchecked? And please don't suggest I reinstall BD for the 30th time... I have the problem with both XP Pro sp3 and Win7 Pro.

Comments

• The problem is still happening... Is this considered too minor to respond to?

• shpshftr@netzero.net
    edited May 2010
    Options

I still have this problem with Bitdefender... "Configure Status Alerts" does not save the settings when I deselect certain options. Why have the option to change the settings it the function does not work?

• I still have this problem with Bitdefender... "Configure Status Alerts" does not save the settings when I deselect certain options. Why have the option to change the settings it the function does not work?

It seems as if you guys feel the general need to "protect people from themselves." Like government you insist to offer options to opt out but make them unusable IE "Configure Status Alerts". There are people out here that actually pay attention. Would you please allow me to opt out of alerts? I am not your child, I am an a.dult customer that knows what he wants, please give it to me.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello Shpshftr,

First of all allow me to apologize for my delayed answer. I can assure you that no topic is to minor to be taken into consideration or be answer to.

Further to your query, can you please mention what notifications are you referring to ? If possible enclose a screenshot of the window in question.

Looking forward to your answer!

• shpshftr@netzero.net
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Hello Shpshftr,

First of all allow me to apologize for my delayed answer. I can assure you that no topic is to minor to be taken into consideration or be answer to.

Further to your query, can you please mention what notifications are you referring to ? If possible enclose a screenshot of the window in question.

When ever I update BD or restart the computer the attached image is what I get. The items in the list reselect themselves every time.

post-31695-1275164225_thumb.jpg

• Note: 10 days later...

Ok..I still have the issue with BD auto-reselection for items in the "Configure Status Alerts." (See attached in previous post). If you repair this one little thing for me, when it comes time (165 days) to renew my license, I will---otherwise I will be moving on to ESet NOD32.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello Shpshftr,

First of all please tell me what boxes are you checking exactly and what boxes are still checked / unchecked after computer restart. Only the two from the screenshot ? Have you tried to check any other boxes (i.e. Firewall status, Antispam status etc) and see if the issue also reproduce.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps from this link in order to provide us with the reports we need for further investigation.

The reports will be sent directly to our Technical Support Team and you will receive an automatic reply shortly. Please send me a PM with the ticket ID from the Subject of the e-mail so that I may analyze the reports and send you a solution as soon as possible.

Regards,

• Hello Shpshftr,

First of all please tell me what boxes are you checking exactly and what boxes are still checked / unchecked after computer restart. Only the two from the screenshot ? Have you tried to check any other boxes (i.e. Firewall status, Antispam status etc) and see if the issue also reproduce.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps from this link in order to provide us with the reports we need for further investigation.

The reports will be sent directly to our Technical Support Team and you will receive an automatic reply shortly. Please send me a PM with the ticket ID from the Subject of the e-mail so that I may analyze the reports and send you a solution as soon as possible.

Regards,

As I said in my first post, I uncheck all of them but the two in the picture consistently recheck by themselves every time I reboot and / or run an update, but occasionally I've had up to 4 recheck themselves but not recently (Last 3-4 weeks).

I will send you a PM with the support tool ticket ID as soon as it finishes.

• As I said in my first post, I uncheck all of them but the two in the picture consistently recheck by themselves every time I reboot and / or run an update, but occasionally I've had up to 4 recheck themselves but not recently (Last 3-4 weeks).

I will send you a PM with the support tool ticket ID as soon as it finishes.

Well it never finished. Now that I think of it...since I have owned BD, the support took never worked... I have tried to use it on several occasions but never had any luck with it... Might also be something you want to look into. Now what...reinstall 30 more times?

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

Please check your email address associated with your forum account, Follow the steps and send me back the generated log files.

Thank you!

• Hello,

Please check your email address associated with your forum account, Follow the steps and send me back the generated log files.

Thank you!

What does my e-mail account have to do with whether the support tool works or not? Clarification: When I run the support tool, it never finishes...I let it run for 4 hours and it never completes. Do you read what I post or just wing it?

• Unknown
    Options
    What does my e-mail account have to do with whether the support tool works or not? Clarification: When I run the support tool, it never finishes...I let it run for 4 hours and it never completes. Do you read what I post or just wing it?

Yes I do read your post before replying. Considering the fact that the support tool is not working, I have sent you via email instructions on how to use other tool to generate the logs I need to further investigate.

My apologies if the previous post was not clear enough.

Please reply to my email, send me the logs and also mention what exactly alert settings you wish to have enabled or none as you mentioned in one of your posts above.

Kind regards,

• Yes I do read your post before replying. Considering the fact that the support tool is not working, I have sent you via email instructions on how to use other tool to generate the logs I need to further investigate.

My apologies if the previous post was not clear enough.

Please reply to my email, send me the logs and also mention what exactly alert settings you wish to have enabled or none as you mentioned in one of your posts above.

Kind regards,

As before, it seems you are either sending to an incorrect address, or my ISP is blocking you. I have no problems with any other e-mails but I have not received BD support e-mail in over a year and have no idea why... Nothing is being filtered and junk e-mail is empty...who knows. How about just PMing me the instructions and your e-mail address. Thanks

• Still haven't received your PM.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello,

The instructions were sent to your Netzero email account.

Please provide me with an additional email address where I can reach you. Your ticket id is:201006101007091

The issue you have encountered can be resolved, for the time being, by manually editing the corresponding registry keys for each module you wish to disable.

The keys can be found at:

Hkey_current_user\Software\BitDefender\BitDefender Security Center\Issuemonitoring\

You need to keep in mind that 1 stands for enable and 0 stands for disable of each notification.

The notification keys are as following:

1,2 -> Antivirus Status

3,4,110 -> Update Status

100 -> Antiphishing

120 -> Registration

19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 25, 27, 28, 30 AND two more five digits (XXXXX) registry keys - random numbers

Just to double check, please go to the above mentioned Windows registry editor location and you will be able to check what key corresponds to each module by enable/disable each one in BitDefender GUI (Security Center) follow by a refresh of the WinReg window (press F5 key)

1. Click on the START menu button;

2. Go to RUN;

3. Type regedit

4. Click on OK;

5. In the new window search for the location of the mentioned registry keys;

6. Open BitDefender GUI and go to GENERAL -> Configure Status Alerts

7. Check the box then look to see what key exactly is changing its value from 0 to 1 or from 1 to 0.

Last but not least allow me to inform you that we are working towards a resolution for the issue you presented and it will be available in one of our future updates. My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused, hope that the work-around presented above will fit your request.

I have also sent you a PM with the information above and the email address I used for correspondence.

Best regards,

• I PM'd you an alternate e-mail address.

I used your instructions and found something interesting / confusing. When alerts are off all registry values are 0... And when I get the alert after an update the registry values remain at 0 (very odd). When I do a reboot then check the registry, all values have remained at 0 and I still have an alert. However, after a cold boot the values change to 1 and I have the alert (as it should be). It is utterly confusing...lol It seems to accept and change values to 1 but does not accept 0 values when I boot cold. But a new development has started...now if I don't do an update and cold boot with all values at 0, the alert values stayed 0 for 3 cold boot_s. Additionally if I change the values manually to 0 after an update, they will return to 1 after a cold boot. Also I have had several times where there were no new updates and the alerts came on anyway after a cold boot. I am sure there is a reason for this, but it seems very inconsistent to my eye... I haven't tried all possible variables because I simply don't have the time.

I am also concerned why the support tool freezes at about 60% completion...that's a problem that started with Version 10...but then I'm not even sure if Version 9 had it. I remember downloading the report tools in the past, but I have attempted to use the internal support tool on other occasions in the last year or so and remember it didn’t work then either but the downloaded support tool worked fine.

Thanks for your help.

Shpshftr <out>

post-31695-1276355135_thumb.jpg

• One more thing I noticed last night. When I do a manual update and before it begins to download but right at the point it connects with the update server, I get an alert in the sys tray icon, you know, the little triangle with the ! in the center? The alert stays on even when I cancel the connection (before the download begins). The registry values change to 1 on the Update Status and Vulnerability scan status alerts even if no update is performed. So it seems to be something the update server does to prep for download?

• I did 5 updates yesterday with no changes to the Alert Status options. When I booted up this morning the same two alerts were back. It looks like this problem is almost solved. I wonder why the cold boot makes a difference?

• Unknown
    Options

Hi,

Please tell me for how long was the computer off before starting it ? From what I understand, the issue reoccur when you cold boot your PC. Is that correct ?

Please try to reproduce all the steps you took.

Thank you!

Regards,

• It seems I spoke too soon. The reset is back today while doing an update (as soon as it contacts the update server before any download begins). But to answer your question, it reapplies the settings after any cold boot, it doesn't matter how long the computer is off.

shpshftr <out>

• The problem is continuing as before. Any update or reboot causes the alerts to reappear.

• Unknown
    Options

Hello Shpshftr,

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services. As soon as a resolution will be available, it will be posted on our forums and into our KB articles.

Best regards,

• Hello Shpshftr,

We apologize for any negative experience you have encountered with our products or our support. Your feedback is appreciated, and will be directed to the appropriate team for review, to enable us to improve our support and services. As soon as a resolution will be available, it will be posted on our forums and into our KB articles.

Best regards,

Hey...no skin off my back... 108 days left on my subscription and I'm outta here after that... It must be a terrible thing for you not to be able to fix your program so it works like it's supposed to... I'm so sorry for your difficulty, as a customer I apologize to you for my unreasonable discovery of this horrible problem.