Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Where Are The Quarantined/missing Files? [important]

Options

Like many others I have had my system compromised by Bitdefender.

There are now many topics on this issue; like many other people I am very annoyed with this issue, however, trying to find **solutions** within the mass of topics/posts is very difficult.

I have therefore created this thread for people who want to post **solutions** to missing files in the quaranatine section. I am cross with bitdefender, but what has happened has happened, so please can we leave the recriminations to the other threads. I must now spend today trying to get my data back (if I can).

In a Nutshell

My issue is that BD started to "false positive", at the point were it started to mark itself as a virus, I stopped it, clearly something was wrong. However, the BD installation was *unusable*. I have *re-installed* BD. However, after re-installation to get it operation the quarantine list is empty. I may now have lost a lot of files, as well as having varying DLLs missing rendering my system unstable.

Luckily my system boot_s, and I can if I wish to re-install BD again. At present I am slightly reluctant to do so. Like many users, I am aghast reading these forums that BD has some default option to "auto delete". ? So should I continue to try to find/recover my files without BD, or is it best to re-install BD. I have no idea where these files are, or if they have been *shredded*.

In addition, I need to know the *file location* of where to restore these files, since there are 100s of them, for some users 1000s. If this sounds a hassle, it is. However, this is the problem I currently face due to the BD issue. I am sure many other people are facing the same issue. Please post your solutions/suggestions here. Many Thanks.