No Bd Message Re Scanning Incoming Mail

I have recently upgraded to BD2010 from BD2009. Build 13.0.19.347 on Dell XP Home SP3.

I have experienced a large number of problems with BD since the upgrade which frankly are beginning to annoy me. I had no problems with BD2009 but BD2010 is a whole different ball game. I have fixed some of the issues (mainly by disabling a number of BD features such as AVC) but some remain.

The latest issue is that, this afternoon, the BD information messages window that is displayed when incoming/outgoing mail is sent/received has suddenly stopped appearing. I use OUTLOOK 2003 as the mail client. I have checked the BD settings and it is certainly set to scan incoming/outgoing messages and Real Time Protection is also correctly enabled.

I cannot test if incoming/outgoing mails are being scanned because I cannot download the EICAR file to the desktop (which is good) and this doesn't help me.

So I remain unsure if BD is actually still protecting incoming/outgoing mails or not.

Any ideas/help?

Comments

• And lo and behold the banner for incoming Outlook 2003 emails has started to work again this afternoon.

BD2010 seems really flaky.

• I have recently upgraded to BD2010 from BD2009. Build 13.0.19.347 on Dell XP Home SP3. Any ideas/help?

When you bought the Dell computer, did you have software pre-installed? such as another FW AV?

You know we should only have:

One (and only one) firewall.

One (and only one) antivirus.

So we need to deinstall every security software preinstalled if we want to install a new one.

I do not say it is the cause of your email trouble, that is just an idea to check what can be wrong.

:huh:

(I have "no brand" computers with XP home or Pro SP3, I shifted from BD IS 2008 to BD IS 2010, however the automatic deinstallation was not enough, I had to go further to suppress 2008 old files.)

Good luck!

L.