Bitdefender Config Wizard Vslow/stalled

I just bought a 3-licence version of Bitdefender 2010. First I installed it on my laptop, a Windows 7 64-bit Pro system with a clean install that same day.

Installation went fine, but at the point in the configuration wizard where it downloads and installs updates it downloaded a load of files but when it moved to installing them, it stalled at 0%.

After getting bored I cancelled installation, which wasn't a terribly good move as trying to open the "update" tab causes my Bitdefender to immediately suffer a fatal error and crash, and when I try to update by right-clicking the taskbar icon and clicking update nothing happens.

I then went to install it on another PC, a 32-bit XP machine which has been clunking on for ages and is probably a tad virus-tastic. Again, the exact same thing has happened. This time I haven't cancelled it in order to supply a screenshot (attached).

I tried a couple of forum searches, but I couldn't find anything mentioning this problem, which is kind of odd as its happened on two PC's which couldn't be more dissimilar...

Can anybody help me?

post-33127-1270243042.jpeg

Comments

• Hello Born2Hula,

We are very sorry for the late response to your post. If you still have the update issue please be so kind as to use the repair function from Start -> All Programs -> BitDefender 2010 -> Repair or Remove.

Also, if you choose the reinstall BitDefender, during the configuration process - Step 6, you can uncheck the 'Update BitDefender and perform a Quick System Scan now' option, complete the installation process, restart the computer and then update BitDefender and perform a System Scan.

Thank you.