Cannot Update.........

I installed Bitdefender AV 2010. I am using Windows XP SP-3. I don't had internet connection, so I took the offline signature updates from bitdefender website. But when I installed it on My computer, it gets unresponsive at begining of process. I waited for a while . After sometime a menu popped up saying "Cannot modify (i forgot the name of the file,something like IX007.tmp) You don't have sufficent rights." I cannot understand since I have an Administrators account. Please tell about this.

Also my friend reported the samilar problem during a live update. Bitdefender downloaded all updates. But cannot install them, just went irresponsive at the time of installing.

Comments

• Mihaela M.
    edited April 2010

Hello Neo-The DarK,

Please reboot your PC and try again to install the updates. If the issue persist please provide us with a Screen Shot of the error message that you are receiving and we will come with the solution.

How to capture a Screen Shot:

1. When the window is on the screen please press the "PrintScreen" key ("PrintScreen" is located at the top of the keyboard, at right. At this step we can not see anything, as the picture is copied into Windows's clipboard);

2. Open a graphic editing application (We recommend using the standard Paint program, that comes with every Windows installation (Start -> Program -> Accessories -> Paint);

3. Paste the picture in a new Paint document;

4. Save the file in JPEG format (BMP format is too big to send by e-mail).

Thank you.