Error 0x81000019

I loaded BD 2010 on my new machine Win 7/64 and tried to back it up and make an image of the drive using the windows 7 built in feature.

I got the error 0X81000019 "The service can not be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."

I checked everything out (VSS and SPP) and all is well. I feel it's because the reserved partition is running out of space. Its supposed to have 100MB (mine has 99.9MB) and needs this space to make shadow copies. Mine is down to 37.1 MB and is not enough for these features to operate and I'm getting this error. Does BD 2010 write info in the reserved partition? If so, what?

Thanks

Jim

Comments

• Hello Jim,

No, BitDefender only uses space on the partition you installed it on (a partition of your choice, which you selected on installation) and on the system partition (the partition where Windows is installed).

Cris.

• Hello Jim,

No, BitDefender only uses space on the partition you installed it on (a partition of your choice, which you selected on installation) and on the system partition (the partition where Windows is installed).

Cris.

Cris

Thanks you for the explanation. I'll continue to look elsewhere for a solution. It does appear though that many of the people who have the same problem as I are BD users? I thought it would be worth asking.

Jim