Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

[resolved]Bitdefender Ts 2010 Firewall Repeatedly Gives Permission To Connect Ie8 To Internet

Options

Hi there everyone,

It seems I have a slight problem with BD TS 2010. When I am browsing around on the Internet, I tend to open up Google Search links in a new tab. Now, for some reason I don't understand, after opening an unspecified amount of new tabs next to each other (sometimes 5 to 6, sometimes more), the firewall always gives me a popup notice, saying that BD has given iexplore.exe permission to connect AND that a new rule has been made.

Sure enough, I have checked this in the rules tab of BD and this section is chockfull of rules below the iexplore.exe item. I don't really understand why this is happening, because I haven't seen this before. Up until today, there was only one rule for IE8, regardless of me opening new tabs or not. But now, this firewall popup notice keeps reappearing, after opening x amount of new tabs !

I can't figure out why. I'd be grateful if somebody could provide me with a solution to this problem.

Many thanx in advance.

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello PinguThePenguin,

Have you recently enabled the Strict automatic rules in Firewall -> Settings -> Advanced Settings?

With this option, when a whitelisted application connects to the internet, the rules that are automatically created will register various information like the parent process or the process command line.

IE8, when launched, uses different command line parameters. I don't know exactly what they represent, but they are different each time IE connects. And because multiple IE processes run simultaneously (for webpage compatibility reasons), then BitDefender Firewall will react each and everytime IE creates a new instance of itself (which basically depends on what webpages you open).

In other words, this is not a bug, it's just a configuration setting. To stop the popups from appearing, you can either disable Strict automatic rules, delete all IE rules, and let BitDefender create a new one which will grant IE full access, either you can delete all IE rules and manually create a new rule for it (checking the option Any for Command line).

Cris.

• Unknown
    Options

Thanks Chris, I had the same problem as PinguThePenguin and your advice worked perfectly. Thanks again.

• Unknown
    Options

Glad to see the issue is resolved. Feel free to contact us anytime!

Kind regards,