Privacy Control And Outlook 2007

I am running Vista home edition and BD 2010 total security in expert mode. Lets say I put the last 4 of my social in the rules in the identity control panel

When I put that string in a message leaving Windows mail .. a popup comes up .. says the message is being scanned. Very shortly after I get a return email that says that personal information was being sent and I would have to make an exclusion in the settings. The email with the personal stuff never gets to its destination.

Awesome!

I put the same message in outlook 2007 with 1234 and it sends the message quite happily without scanning or blocking the email. It arrives at its destination with my personal information.

I don't get the pop up that BD is scanning in outlook 2007 and evidently it isnt but I do get the popup and the feature works perfectly in Windows mail.

How can I get the scan and the block of personal information to work for outlook 2007 small busines edition.

Alex

Comments

• I am running Vista home edition and BD 2010 total security in expert mode. Lets say I put the last 4 of my social in the rules in the identity control panel

When I put that string in a message leaving Windows mail .. a popup comes up .. says the message is being scanned. Very shortly after I get a return email that says that personal information was being sent and I would have to make an exclusion in the settings. The email with the personal stuff never gets to its destination.

Awesome!

I put the same message in outlook 2007 with 1234 and it sends the message quite happily without scanning or blocking the email. It arrives at its destination with my personal information.

I don't get the pop up that BD is scanning in outlook 2007 and evidently it isnt but I do get the popup and the feature works perfectly in Windows mail.

How can I get the scan and the block of personal information to work for outlook 2007 small busines edition.

Alex

Received a reply from the BD team that says that if you are not sending through Port 25 BD will NOT scan the outgoing mail and hence any information you have entered in your privacy control will be sent by email. I hope there is a future work around since many ISP's are blocking 25. I use godaddy which blocks 25 so the identity control is non functional for that account. Verizon, comcast and many others also block 25. Is there no work around so I can have identity control work on say port 80