Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Do I Stop "incoming Mail Scan" Popup?

Options

I have been distracted and had part of my screen taken up too often when several new emails come in. I have not figured out how this can be stopped. Is this possible? If not, it is an essential upgrade to offer users the option. Seriously, why do we need to know that it is scanning mail being processed? Should do it regardless.

Looked up their tech support section without success. Attempted contacting but had too many hoops to jump through... And to get the long code off the software to submit to tech support has to be done manually, should be copy and pastable.

PS - I was once on a software development team.

Comments

• I'm interested too in stopping these popups.

Thank you.

• Elmura
    edited April 2010
    Options

From Tech Support:

Open Bitdefender, click on "Settings", "Switch UI" (User Interface),select Expert Mode, click on OK, then go to the General module, Settings tab. There, uncheck the option "Show pop-ups(on-screen notes)" . This will disable the messages from BD that show up on your screen.

Only problem with this setting: No messages will popup!

I'd rather have non-email popups for important issues than a blanket all popups on, all popups off.

• From Tech Support:

Open Bitdefender, click on "Settings", "Switch UI" (User Interface),select Expert Mode, click on OK, then go to the General module, Settings tab. There, uncheck the option "Show pop-ups(on-screen notes)" . This will disable the messages from BD that show up on your screen.

Only problem with this setting: No messages will popup!

I'd rather have non-email popups for important issues than a blanket all popups on, all popups off.

That's exactly what I did before looking in this forum, but the idiot things still pop up. I'm getting fed up with this product. I'm glad I haven't paid for it yet.

• I have same issue, pop ups show as disabled but they still appear (incoming and outgoing email).

Any solution? I am very disappointed with 2010, often stops responding etc, etc. Given up with tech support, stock answer- reinstall. Running on 2 Win7 machines, often have to reboot to get services back. Not much point in having protection if its not available 100% of the time.

BF2008 on XP was fine, not one complaint did I have.

Help!

• Hi studavis,

Be informed that the outgoing emails are scanned by the Antivirus and by the Antispam module. Even if you uncheck the "Scan incoming/outgoing emails" box from the Antivirus, they will still be scanned by the Antispam engines. If you'd like the emails not to be scanned anymore, you can turn off the "Antiphishing" module.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any other question.

Thank you.