Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Portscan Attempt Blocked: Cause For Concern?

Options

Lately, I frequently get the following popup message from BD IS 2010:

Portscan attempt blocked.

Your PC is protected!

I understand that the IP address in question is that of my own router. This message started appearing after I replaced my cable-only router with a wireless router.

I would like to know whether it is both possible and advisable to stop the message from appearing; and, if so, how to do it. I don't want to disable popups generally, but only tell BD that the above address is safe -- if that is a correct assumption.

Thanks.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options

I have the same issue since I added a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH wireless router. I would like to turn this off.

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello debitto and sloanish,

Sorry for the late reply.

Please open BitDefender Security Center (Expert mode) and go to Firewall -> Network. There, select from the list the wireless connection and change it's settings to:

- Trust level: Safe

- Stealth mode: Remote

Since you are behind your own routers, setting these options should be safe (provided that you properly configured the router firewall and forwarding options).

Please post if this solved your problem.

Cris.