Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bsod Bdfsfltr.sys Sonar 8 Install Windows 7

Options

I am attempting to install a trial version of Cakewlak SONAR 8.

I am running WIndows 7 And BitDefender 2010.

At the end of the SONAR install I get the Blue Screen of death.

THe MINIDUMP file reports the issue is with bdfsfltr.sys.

I have tried turning everything off in BitDefender but I still get the BSOD!

I cannot find the bdfsfltr.sys in services.

Has anyone else had this sort of problem?

How can I turn BitDefender COMPLETLY off so I can at least perform the install,

Or at least perform the UN-install now that I have SONAR 8 all over my PC and registry?

On Tue 4/27/2010 9:03:57 PM your computer crashed

This was likely caused by the following module: bdfsfltr.sys

Bugcheck code: 0x135 (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8800AD6FDB0, 0xFFFFF880010EDAE0, 0xFFFFF8A0001CE1D0)

Error: Unknown

Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\042710-30966-01.dmp

file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\bdfsfltr.sys

product: BitDefender OnAccess

company: BitDefender

description: BitDefender AntiVirus FS filter driver

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• Hello robrenden,

Please open BitDefender -> go to Settings from the top right corner and Switch UI to Expert Mode. Got o the Antivirus module and uncheck the Real Time Protection is enabled option. Try to install Cakewlak SONAR 8 and let us know is you are receiving the BSOD error message.

If the issue persists please restart the computer in Safe Mode, log in as Administrator, go to Start -> Search -> type services.msc and hit Enter. In the Services window please search for BitDefender Virus Shield and double click on it. Change the Startup type to Manual and restart the computer in Normal mode.

Try again to install Cakewlak SONAR 8. After installing it please open the Services window, double click on the BitDefender Virus Shield and click on the Start button. Please let us know if you are receiving a BSOD error message when you are trying to use this application.

If the application is working after starting the Virus Shield please restart again in Safe Mode, go back to the BitDefender Virus Shield and change the Startup type to Automatic.

Thank you.