Vsserv.exe Stalling/crashing My Computer

Hello,

vsserv.exe is stalling/crashing my computer very ofter....several times an hour.

This usually occurs when I have other applications open which use a lot of CPU

Full Tilt Poker and Poker Tracker for example.

It's extremely frustrating because my machine freezes at the worst possible times.

I'm loosing money and am irritated about it.

This problem did not occur when I deleted Bit Defender for a while, so I know Bit Defender is

the problem.

In addition, I check Windows Task Manager (always open for obvious reasons)

when this problem occurs and I see it's sucking

a lot of CPU....much more than any other application open.

the post below shows i'm not the only person with this problem.

What can be done to prevent my computer from freezing up when Bit Defender

does it's think about every 10-15 minutes and freezes my computer for 5 minutes at a time.

Signed,

Striking_Eagel....Irritated in Oshkosh

Hi

I think that VSSERVE.EXE is hogging my cpu several times a day and in that time making my pc ver slow and at times completely preventing me from doing anything else. This runs on for about a minute or two each time and I find it very frustrating. When I check on Task Manager, I see that vsserve.exe is running at that time.

The task manager reports cpu usage varying for vsserve.exe while it is running, but even it it says 5%, my hdd light it on solidly and the hdd is running non-stop and I cannot do anything while this is happening - I suspect it is vsserve.exe causing this problem and need help in order to determing it it is indeed vsserve.exe doing this, or something else that I am not aware of. I have Windows XP Service Pack 3 on my pc.

Please help me to resolve this problem.

Regards

Richard